Wednesday, December 30, 2009
I saw the story this morning about the mom who literally died during labor, the doctors did an emergency c-section and the baby wasn't breathing either. Miraculously, both mom and baby started breathing again after 5 minutes of no heart rate. They both talked this morning and are doing wonderfully, like nothing ever happened. The key word here is miraculous, right?! So the doctor on the same show was trying to rationalize how her heart started beating again, something to do with the uterus cutting of blood flow, yadayada....why can't the doctors just say, it was a GOD THING, a true miracle?!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
So I will admit, amongst the chaos of trying to get presents bought, another birthday party planned, presents wrapped, cupcakes made for birthday girls class, b-ball games, cards mailed, miles ran...I have cracked open my wine and enjoyed it. To the fullest. Wine is good for you, right?! I think it's good for the heart. So, I don't feel guilty about drinking a few glasses and hoping all this stuff will get done. I just hope I don't mistake the xmas presents for the birthday presents and the wine for the oil in the cupcakes...HA! At any rate, the lists will get done whether they are on paper or in my head. I'll eventually get them done.
By the way, please understand if you Christmas card is late! :)
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
1. Photo business just keeps growing! Just when I think, okay, this is it for the year, I get a few more appointments. It's been so great. What's even better is making people so happy. It's why I love doing what I do. My school job is awesome, love the teachers and all the people I have met. It's a perfect scenario.
2. Hubby and I are putting our tree stands away for awhile and heading west! Us, along with another couple, have set the date to take an adventure to Las Vegas. Not the destination we originally chose, but since none of us have ever experienced Vegas life, we decided to stay away from the scary mean guys in Mexico and stay in the states. March is the month and I guess we'll really find out if what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
3. My little Emerson turned 8 years old on the 1st. I just have a hard time believing that! To me, she is still just..little. She is my baby afterall so maybe that is normal. I find myself baby-ing her at times but who can resist the little peanut?! I have accepted the fact that she will always remain my baby, no matter old she gets.
4. Brody started basketball this month and 7th grade ball takes on a whole new meaning! Practices everyday, 6:30 a.m. 3 times a week and until 5:30 on the other days. I am amazed at how the boys just tower over him! Obviously some have hit puberty slightly earlier than Brody. We keep telling him he'll catch up but honestly, I don't think he'll catch up to a few of them! He doesn't care though. He just goes out and plays his heart out because he loves it. Made the honor roll again and is handling everything just great.
5. My Madison is going to be 10 in a couple of weeks and boy, oh boy, she is changing fast too. Her manerisms kind of freak me out every once in awhile because so many things she does are the exact same things I used to do. And I never even told her about it. Such as, eating the top of the hamburger bun first, could eat mac and cheese everyday, cries easily at sad movies, does not like math nor does not care to understand it, is the last one at the supper table because she talks so much she doesn't get much eating done and loves monkeys. She loves the social part of school the best, just as I did!
6. Still running and running. If it weren't for the runners club on these cold mornings, I probably wouldn't be getting the miles that I am. They are a great group of people and they're all "older" like me so we give each other a great pace. I have tentatively decided to run the Chicago Marathon next Oct. with my best friend from high school. I'm not going for a record time or even think I'll be able to run the entire 26 miles, but just to say I did it before I turn 40 is kind of a thought I've always had on my mind. I just decided life is too short to say maybe next year. So i'm going to do it and hope for the best!
7. Hoping the Vikings start winning again. It makes my hubby grumpy when they lose! But then again, my Packer-roid son is happy when they lose. I'm stuck in the middle usually, but gotta admit...meeting Adrian Petersen would be sooooo cool! (Susan, you have to help me with that!)
8. Loving this time of year...tree is up, some presents are wrapped and the lights are twinkling! Yes, my friends, life is good. I really don't know what I would do not having your blogs to read to make me laugh, make me think and make me a better person. My simple life seems boring to blog about at times but thanks for waiting for a update!
Happy snow day!!
Friday, December 04, 2009
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Seth has taught me everything I could ever know about bowhunting. We talk about it over supper, we watch the hunting shows together and analyze each hunt, we plan future hunting trips together. He guides me, teaches me and we love doing this sport together.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
So all of this explains my lack of blogging. I read yours though, everynight, as I sit up late getting caught up on pictures. I always wish my posts were as good as yours, as interesting and inspiring as yours. Lately my words are having a hard time coming out on paper. Which is why I run. It's a great time to think. Someone asked me once how I can run so much. I laugh and say it's the time for just me. Which it is but there is another reason. Before running came along, I had really low self-esteem. I had a hard time believing i was a good mom, a good wife, a good daughter, a good sister, a good friend. I remember praying for something to make me feel pretty, to make me feel like I am doing an okay job. Then God brought me to try out this running gig about 8 years ago. It's the one thing I do that makes me feel good about everything I've done up to this point in my life. Just when I start thinking crummy thoughts, running puts my mind back to where it should be. Aside from the fact it's good for my heart, it's also a theraputic exercise for me! and it seems like I'm getting faster as I get older so that's a good thing!! And now I've introduced my son to the world of 5K's and it's something I can do with just him. It's so special to me.
So last sunday, I ran the Sioux Falls half marathon again and didn't know how I would do. I had the nasty flu the week before which kept me down for a few days. But I came in excited and anxious to run. And run I did. I want you to know, even though my lack of blogging and commenting has happened lately, I thought of every one you. Carey, Chris, Bobbi, Karen, Rani, Jill...you guys are kept me going, especially through mile 9. My kids and my mom were sitting at mile 12 cheering and hollering, that made me pick up speed. I was high fiving complete strangers. When I came down the home stretch and saw the time clock, I almost started crying. I shaved 5 minutes off my time from the june half. 1:41:53. I met up with the Yankton group for a photo and just soaked in all the festivities. My adreline was flowing. It was 13 miles of blessed thoughts of God, Seth, Brody, Madison, Emerson, my friends and family. That's ultimately what made me go faster.
So to answer that question of why I run so much? I just love the thoughts God puts in my head while I'm out there. Seriously. I do it because it makes me feel close to all the people around me. It's awesome and I'll do it as long as I can.
Friday, September 11, 2009
*Emerson loves 2nd grade! She got to make her own ice cream sundae and eat it for being a super summer reader achiever! Yum!!! She's as happy-go-lucky as ever with school!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Thursday, August 13, 2009
1. We went to the big town of Onida, SD for Seth's 20 year reunion. For a little town, they sure know how to have fun! His best buddies from Sully Buttes high school made me laugh until my stomach hurt. And until 4 a.m. Amazing how I lasted that long. That's a once in blue moon time to come rolling into Grandma Shirley's house. She didn't even hear us though. It was fun to see her again and hang with her pets. She talked my ear off Friday night until 2 a.m. Needless to say, not much sleep was happening with me or Seth. Saturday I rolled out of bed at 7, tired and headed to a little 5K race happening in town. I ended up beating my last PR and finished in 21:42...don't know how that occurred although it may have had something to do with knowing after I was done, I could go back and take a nap. At any rate, I got first place, a medal, a shirt and got to know some Onida folk.
2. My busy season with pictures is in full swing. The senior market has really taken off for me which is good. I love taking senior pictures. The kids are great and we have such a good time. So amongst seniors, I have some families and children pics. thrown in and it all comes down to very careful planning. I plan shoots around my kid's activities, Seth's schedule, my own schedule and somehow, we manage to make everything work. I am surprised at how much business I am getting and it makes me feel happy!! I just don't get as much sleep this time of year!
3. Even with my booming business, it does slow down. Especially when school starts. There are no appointments during a school day typically. And things really taper off in Jan, Feb, Mar before picking up again. I decided to accept a job in the school district as a paraprofessional, a.k.a. teacher assistant. Same school hours as my kids, same vacations, summers off...perfect scenario. What a perfect way to fill those days surrounded by friends, get paid, still get to be with my kids and do my business. I'm excited to go to school with my kids!!!
4. Brody got all checked in for 7th grade, found his locker, got it open so life is good for him. My girls find out their teachers next Tuesday. I think everyone is pretty much ready to go back. Then tackle football starts, confirmation at church begins, a new dance schedule kicks in and I've got another half-marathon coming up.
5. Life is busy and full but I realize how blessed I am to have this life. Brody was really nervous about school coming up with all the homework, etc. he'll have. I told him to take one day at a time....don't think about 3 months from now or even next week. Look at today, do what you need to do today giving it all 100%. Then he won't feel so overwhelmed. It's a lesson I learned the hard way but it sure works for me. I hope I gave him good advice.
6. God is good. Very, very good.