Friday, September 11, 2009











It was the first triathlon I had ever been a part of and our team did great! I somehow talked my hubby into doing the 1/4 mile swim, another friend did the 14 mile bike and I finished with a 5K. After watching a couple hundred serious triathloners, I know I could never do it myself. It's a very tough competition and it was amazing to watch these guys transition from one event to another. Seth had the hardest part of the race...the swim in the lake which was over his head except for about 100 yards! So you never get a rest in the water. The men team competitors went out first in the water...he's in the first photo swimming his heart out to the orange buoy. He really thought he was going to die, no joke! I lost him when the individual men started their swim. I got even more worried when I saw a rescue jet ski motoring into the group. But 11 minutes later, he raced in. He was tired but I was so proud of him!!! Then Kevin took off on the bike ride and Seth got to rest and cough up any lake water inhaled! 48 minutes later, Kevin came pedaling in, transferred to me and I ran my 5K. I came in at 21:59 giving us a total time of 1:24:05. We didn't win first but we didn't place last and we had such a great experience doing it together. I especially loved being in a team with my hubby. I don't know if I'll ever get him to do it again...the swimming part anyway...he's just glad to still be alive!
I am too!








































4 comments:

Chris said...

Yikes! Glad he's ok!

carey said...

awesome!! i'll do one with ya someday, i've know a swimmer girl and i can bike! you can be the rocket at the end :)

speedyidjit said...

You have a beautiful family

speedyidjit said...

You have a beautiful family