Wednesday, December 30, 2009
I saw the story this morning about the mom who literally died during labor, the doctors did an emergency c-section and the baby wasn't breathing either. Miraculously, both mom and baby started breathing again after 5 minutes of no heart rate. They both talked this morning and are doing wonderfully, like nothing ever happened. The key word here is miraculous, right?! So the doctor on the same show was trying to rationalize how her heart started beating again, something to do with the uterus cutting of blood flow, yadayada....why can't the doctors just say, it was a GOD THING, a true miracle?!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
So I will admit, amongst the chaos of trying to get presents bought, another birthday party planned, presents wrapped, cupcakes made for birthday girls class, b-ball games, cards mailed, miles ran...I have cracked open my wine and enjoyed it. To the fullest. Wine is good for you, right?! I think it's good for the heart. So, I don't feel guilty about drinking a few glasses and hoping all this stuff will get done. I just hope I don't mistake the xmas presents for the birthday presents and the wine for the oil in the cupcakes...HA! At any rate, the lists will get done whether they are on paper or in my head. I'll eventually get them done.
By the way, please understand if you Christmas card is late! :)
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
1. Photo business just keeps growing! Just when I think, okay, this is it for the year, I get a few more appointments. It's been so great. What's even better is making people so happy. It's why I love doing what I do. My school job is awesome, love the teachers and all the people I have met. It's a perfect scenario.
2. Hubby and I are putting our tree stands away for awhile and heading west! Us, along with another couple, have set the date to take an adventure to Las Vegas. Not the destination we originally chose, but since none of us have ever experienced Vegas life, we decided to stay away from the scary mean guys in Mexico and stay in the states. March is the month and I guess we'll really find out if what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!
3. My little Emerson turned 8 years old on the 1st. I just have a hard time believing that! To me, she is still just..little. She is my baby afterall so maybe that is normal. I find myself baby-ing her at times but who can resist the little peanut?! I have accepted the fact that she will always remain my baby, no matter old she gets.
4. Brody started basketball this month and 7th grade ball takes on a whole new meaning! Practices everyday, 6:30 a.m. 3 times a week and until 5:30 on the other days. I am amazed at how the boys just tower over him! Obviously some have hit puberty slightly earlier than Brody. We keep telling him he'll catch up but honestly, I don't think he'll catch up to a few of them! He doesn't care though. He just goes out and plays his heart out because he loves it. Made the honor roll again and is handling everything just great.
5. My Madison is going to be 10 in a couple of weeks and boy, oh boy, she is changing fast too. Her manerisms kind of freak me out every once in awhile because so many things she does are the exact same things I used to do. And I never even told her about it. Such as, eating the top of the hamburger bun first, could eat mac and cheese everyday, cries easily at sad movies, does not like math nor does not care to understand it, is the last one at the supper table because she talks so much she doesn't get much eating done and loves monkeys. She loves the social part of school the best, just as I did!
6. Still running and running. If it weren't for the runners club on these cold mornings, I probably wouldn't be getting the miles that I am. They are a great group of people and they're all "older" like me so we give each other a great pace. I have tentatively decided to run the Chicago Marathon next Oct. with my best friend from high school. I'm not going for a record time or even think I'll be able to run the entire 26 miles, but just to say I did it before I turn 40 is kind of a thought I've always had on my mind. I just decided life is too short to say maybe next year. So i'm going to do it and hope for the best!
7. Hoping the Vikings start winning again. It makes my hubby grumpy when they lose! But then again, my Packer-roid son is happy when they lose. I'm stuck in the middle usually, but gotta admit...meeting Adrian Petersen would be sooooo cool! (Susan, you have to help me with that!)
8. Loving this time of year...tree is up, some presents are wrapped and the lights are twinkling! Yes, my friends, life is good. I really don't know what I would do not having your blogs to read to make me laugh, make me think and make me a better person. My simple life seems boring to blog about at times but thanks for waiting for a update!
Happy snow day!!