Tuesday, December 29, 2009

















Wow! What a December! It just flew by. Can't believe 2009 is almost gone and a new year will be upon us. Every year, I say the same thing about the months of Oct, Nov, Dec...they just go so fast with hunting seasons and birthdays and Christmas and just doing everyday activities. And then you add 20 inches of snow on top of everything to shovel, shovel and more shoveling, it really makes for an exciting month. Our Christmas was spent at home with just the 5 of us. We watched Christmas Vacation and Star Trek and had a bottle of wine. The snow was nice then, not having to go anywhere, not having to hustle here and hustle there although I did miss not being able to go to church on Christmas Eve. Now, I'm kind of tired of the white stuff. Tomorrow we finally get to have Christmas with my parents in Sioux Falls and I can't wait. Just to get out of the house is all I need! So with all the birthdays past, the Christmas programs done, the gingerbread house fallen down and with all the snow, I am ready to just. be. Scheww. I'm glad I got it all done and everyone is happy. That's all I can ask for this holiday season!












7 comments:

Unknown said...

What. A. GORGEOUS. Family!!

Merry Christmas!

Oh, and I have been meaning to tell you, my aunt dropped my card off the other day...she wondered who you were? I laughed...fyi it's PO BOX 82 for next year, but I will get it no matter what Gordon it's addressed to...:)

DeAnn said...

Oh Rani~ I am so sorry! I got your beautiful card as well and LOVED the picture! It's on my fridge! You are so so blessed!

Anyway, after I got your card I looked at your return address and thought,"hmmmmm, that doesn't sound like the address I sent her card to..." Now I know! I'm glad you got it, I guess I wished your aunt a Merry Christmas too! :) Hope you had an awesome Christmas, even with all the snow!

Karen said...

Oh, I lovelovelove that second picture!

It does all go so fast, doesn't it? I wish someone would think of a way to make it alllllll.slooowwwww.doooowwwwwwnnn.

Susan said...

Thanks for sharing the photos - the kids are getting so big - how fast it goes by. I love the photo of the house - now that is a snowstorm, the snow on the roof looks like frosting. Also love the bday cakes so cute. Happy 2010 friend.

bobbione8y said...

i love your snow pics :)

i am glad you made it through, and glad that all is well. happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, DeAnn!

carey said...

love the pic of emerson in the snow.
happy new year to you, friend! i see that you were out RUNNING in this stuff. you are my hero.