Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wow. So much has happened these last couple of weeks, I don't even know where to start. I don't have any bridge story or any great recipes to share or even some sweet deals to tell you about (I just read yours for all of that! :))

1. We went to the big town of Onida, SD for Seth's 20 year reunion. For a little town, they sure know how to have fun! His best buddies from Sully Buttes high school made me laugh until my stomach hurt. And until 4 a.m. Amazing how I lasted that long. That's a once in blue moon time to come rolling into Grandma Shirley's house. She didn't even hear us though. It was fun to see her again and hang with her pets. She talked my ear off Friday night until 2 a.m. Needless to say, not much sleep was happening with me or Seth. Saturday I rolled out of bed at 7, tired and headed to a little 5K race happening in town. I ended up beating my last PR and finished in 21:42...don't know how that occurred although it may have had something to do with knowing after I was done, I could go back and take a nap. At any rate, I got first place, a medal, a shirt and got to know some Onida folk.

2. My busy season with pictures is in full swing. The senior market has really taken off for me which is good. I love taking senior pictures. The kids are great and we have such a good time. So amongst seniors, I have some families and children pics. thrown in and it all comes down to very careful planning. I plan shoots around my kid's activities, Seth's schedule, my own schedule and somehow, we manage to make everything work. I am surprised at how much business I am getting and it makes me feel happy!! I just don't get as much sleep this time of year!

3. Even with my booming business, it does slow down. Especially when school starts. There are no appointments during a school day typically. And things really taper off in Jan, Feb, Mar before picking up again. I decided to accept a job in the school district as a paraprofessional, a.k.a. teacher assistant. Same school hours as my kids, same vacations, summers off...perfect scenario. What a perfect way to fill those days surrounded by friends, get paid, still get to be with my kids and do my business. I'm excited to go to school with my kids!!!

4. Brody got all checked in for 7th grade, found his locker, got it open so life is good for him. My girls find out their teachers next Tuesday. I think everyone is pretty much ready to go back. Then tackle football starts, confirmation at church begins, a new dance schedule kicks in and I've got another half-marathon coming up.

5. Life is busy and full but I realize how blessed I am to have this life. Brody was really nervous about school coming up with all the homework, etc. he'll have. I told him to take one day at a time....don't think about 3 months from now or even next week. Look at today, do what you need to do today giving it all 100%. Then he won't feel so overwhelmed. It's a lesson I learned the hard way but it sure works for me. I hope I gave him good advice.

6. God is good. Very, very good.

8 comments:

Karen said...

What great advice for me!! One day at a time, one hundred percent.

You sound busy and happy DeAnn! I'm so glad I know what's going on in your life. :-)

DeAnn said...

Honestly, I'm not so happy all the time...just ask my hubby! I tend to get this overwhelming feeling and get really cranky. hehe!

carey said...

i am excited for you and the school job. you will be good at that. i also agree with karen, you sound busy and happy and ready for things to kinda slow down so you can relax a bit. ahhhh...

bobbione8y said...

that one day at a time comment struck me too, i think God put that idea in you :)

glad things are going well. these are the best years of our lives!

excited to hear stories about the new job.

Karen said...

I can't even imagine you being cranky, DeAnn. Can I come over and witness it firsthand? I think it would make my day. :-)

Karen said...

Speaking of....I just may be in Yankton this week...if so, I HAVE to see your face. Will let you know.

Anonymous said...

Everyone else said it so well.
Thanks for one day at a time.. I should really have it plastered near my calendar somewhere!

Congrats on your job with the school. That's exciting, DeAnn!
and best wishes on marathon training too. Keep us posted.

Chris said...

Words to live by....One Day at a Time.