Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Thank you for waiting so patiently! I swear I am the worst blogger in the world...sometimes 2 posts in one day and then weeks will pass before I get one up. One of these days, I'll get into more of a routine but then again, routine is not my vocabulary! Life is good. Even on this snowy day which has destined me to run on the treadmill, life is good.

1. Photo business just keeps growing! Just when I think, okay, this is it for the year, I get a few more appointments. It's been so great. What's even better is making people so happy. It's why I love doing what I do. My school job is awesome, love the teachers and all the people I have met. It's a perfect scenario.

2. Hubby and I are putting our tree stands away for awhile and heading west! Us, along with another couple, have set the date to take an adventure to Las Vegas. Not the destination we originally chose, but since none of us have ever experienced Vegas life, we decided to stay away from the scary mean guys in Mexico and stay in the states. March is the month and I guess we'll really find out if what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!

3. My little Emerson turned 8 years old on the 1st. I just have a hard time believing that! To me, she is still just..little. She is my baby afterall so maybe that is normal. I find myself baby-ing her at times but who can resist the little peanut?! I have accepted the fact that she will always remain my baby, no matter old she gets.

4. Brody started basketball this month and 7th grade ball takes on a whole new meaning! Practices everyday, 6:30 a.m. 3 times a week and until 5:30 on the other days. I am amazed at how the boys just tower over him! Obviously some have hit puberty slightly earlier than Brody. We keep telling him he'll catch up but honestly, I don't think he'll catch up to a few of them! He doesn't care though. He just goes out and plays his heart out because he loves it. Made the honor roll again and is handling everything just great.

5. My Madison is going to be 10 in a couple of weeks and boy, oh boy, she is changing fast too. Her manerisms kind of freak me out every once in awhile because so many things she does are the exact same things I used to do. And I never even told her about it. Such as, eating the top of the hamburger bun first, could eat mac and cheese everyday, cries easily at sad movies, does not like math nor does not care to understand it, is the last one at the supper table because she talks so much she doesn't get much eating done and loves monkeys. She loves the social part of school the best, just as I did!

6. Still running and running. If it weren't for the runners club on these cold mornings, I probably wouldn't be getting the miles that I am. They are a great group of people and they're all "older" like me so we give each other a great pace. I have tentatively decided to run the Chicago Marathon next Oct. with my best friend from high school. I'm not going for a record time or even think I'll be able to run the entire 26 miles, but just to say I did it before I turn 40 is kind of a thought I've always had on my mind. I just decided life is too short to say maybe next year. So i'm going to do it and hope for the best!

7. Hoping the Vikings start winning again. It makes my hubby grumpy when they lose! But then again, my Packer-roid son is happy when they lose. I'm stuck in the middle usually, but gotta admit...meeting Adrian Petersen would be sooooo cool! (Susan, you have to help me with that!)

8. Loving this time of year...tree is up, some presents are wrapped and the lights are twinkling! Yes, my friends, life is good. I really don't know what I would do not having your blogs to read to make me laugh, make me think and make me a better person. My simple life seems boring to blog about at times but thanks for waiting for a update!

Happy snow day!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

DeAnn,
Your life is anything but simple.. It's wonderful! and it is always fun hearing about what's new with you and the family.

And training for the marathon next fall: You are going to do great!

Happy snow day :)

carey said...

simple? i don't know many women who train for marathons AND shoot deer AND have their own photography business AND have three beautiful kids AND another job at the school. you have become quite ecclectic (and busy), my friend. i am proud of you.

Karen said...

There was not a single boring thing in that post! There is a reason we all wait for you to write!

Your life sounds WONDERFUL, and I'm so glad to be in it, or near it, or around it, or whatever I am. :-)

bobbione8y said...

oh there you are!

i love your 'catch up' posts DeAnn. i hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

and NO, not boring :)