Tuesday, August 04, 2009








my dad loves his flowers...these are pics from his backyard. beautiful. last week, we got to celebrate my dad's retirement from banking! it was a great event with a couple hundred people atttending and wishing him well. what is even more amazing, is my dad retired on his 50 year aniversary of being in the banking business. wow. it's such an accomplishment, he got a big award in rapid city for it and received a travel voucher to vacation anywhere he wants to go. i'm so proud of him. he started banking when he was 18 years old and worked so hard to support his family. he had a very successful career. he was ready to retire a few years ago but had a hard time letting it go. i mean, after 50 years, it's not like he just wanted to give it all up! but finally, he decided it was time. so there was a big party in his honor. i actually got to see people from my childhood. even my cousins whom i haven't seen in 5 years. it turned out to be a great night. now he'll have more time to spend with his flowers, more time to golf, more time to travel and more time to just be. God has blessed him and he knows it. he never takes it for granted. way to go, dad. you're my hero!

4 comments:

Karen said...

His garden is beautiful!! He should use his voucher to go to Keukenhoff in Holland. It's the world's biggest flower gardens and is sooooooo beautiful when the tulips are blooming!

Um, hey. Go back and capitalize God, please. :-)

DeAnn said...

I'll tell him about that...sounds like that would be right up his alley. He loves his flowers, just like my grandma (his mom). She is smiling down on that garden, I just know it.

God is now capitialized...actually the whole word should be in caps, just because.

bobbione8y said...

that garden looks amazing ;)

GOD bless him :))))

Chris said...

Wow, 50 years is quite the accomplishment!! I am happy for him. And I thought you guys were at a park somewhere, that's how beautiful his flowers are!