Friday, August 28, 2009


All summer long, I have been searching for a coffee table. You'd think it would be easy to find but I've never found one I fell in love with. I almost just settled a couple of times but held off. They say there's a reason for everything and I believe that...even when it comes to something as simple as coffee tables. It was Riverboat Days here last weekend and we were all strolling through the park when this particular booth caught my eye. I beelined myself through 100,000 other people to catch a glimpse of this table. This was it! I grabbed my hubby who by this time was so ready to go home and he oohed and aahed over it to please me. I walked around a bit more, came back to the guy and he offered me $25.00 off if I bought it that day.
So I did. Brody helped me haul it out of the park which was no easy task by the way! Brought it home and love it. It sure will come in handy on game days for snacks and drinks. Funny how these things just fall right into your lap when you're not even looking. What do you think?

9 comments:

Karen said...

I love it! It goes great with your paint, and I can just see a Coke and a bag of Doritos sitting there. :-)

I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you last week! I can't even tell you how much you were on my mind, and how much I had hoped to see your face. There was just not one single second to spare Thursday/Friday, and then I went to Vermillion to spend time with my grandmother before flying out of Omaha on Sat. afternoon.

DeAnn said...

Yep, the coke and doritos fit very nicely on it! Nio lie, I've already had some!

You were on my mind too Karen and I totally understand. I wish we could just have an hour more in a day so we could have met up! My heart was with you though and even though we didn't get to see each other in person, we were together in spirit. Glad you made it home safe, friend.

Karen said...

Thank you.
:-)

bobbione8y said...

yes! love the slate. i also highly believe in waiting for the right thing...sometimes, it's hard to do that :)

you have a nice decorating style, DeAnn....

carey said...

LOVE. IT.

who was the vendor?

i think slate is my favorite form of rock. if there is such a thing :)

DeAnn said...

The vendor is Mike's BHT Timberline Products from Brookings. I just emailed him about getting end tables to match :)

DeAnn said...

website is www.bhtimberline.com or www.madeinsouthdakota.com

Chris said...

That goes perfectly in your room! And you don't have to worry so much about spills, perfect.

Anonymous said...

Love the colors! It was meant to be. :)