Sunday, September 28, 2008

This morning I got up and drove to Vermillion to run a 5K for the Susan B. Koman Race For The Cure. I seriously thought about not going. With a week of a cold and laryingitis, I really wasn't all that prepared. But it was such a beautiful morning, my shoes were calling my name. So I went and ran a race for a really, really good cause. What was even better than the finish line on the 40 yard line of the DakotaDome was seeing people there, celebrating for being a survivor or knowing a survivor. And even those in tears, remembering those they had lost. It was a great event. I know so much more about the foundation now.

So i ran my heart out for people I didn't even know. For 23 minutes, the last thing on my mind was a lingering cold. For 23 minutes, I thought about how lucky I was. For 23 minutes, I was helping find a cure for breast cancer. And it felt really good.

3 comments:

carey said...

seven minute miles. you are my hero :)

Karen said...

Ditto.

Chris said...

It is a neat experience being a part of that isn't it. Good for you, DeAnn.