Friday, September 05, 2008


My son has been playing a couple of different positions during the last 3 years of his football playing career, running back, wide receiver and defensive back. So what happens last night at his first scrimmage? He's named starting quarterback for the upcoming season. He's pretty excited and we're really proud of him at any position he plays. But we're a little in shock! My hubby hasn't been doing quarterback drills all summer. In fact, it's been HIM playing quarterback, doing plays with my boy. So now, we'll have to reverse it. With my son throwing passes to his dad. Now that should make for some interesting footage. At any rate, the first game is Tuesday night and we're hoping this new position will treat him good. Maybe all the studying of Brett Favre will pay off.
P.S. The BIG game is Monday night...Vikings vs. Packers. It's always a crazy household here when those two teams play each other. So wear your purple (or your green) and be sure and watch. And hope we all don't go to bed mad at each other.

6 comments:

carey said...

both of my boys said "QUARTERBACK? AWESOME!"

you'll have to let us know if he ever plays teams around here. we'd love to come watch.

go brody!!!

DeAnn said...

Yes, I'll let you know! And let me know when your boys play hockey in Mitchell. We seem to end up in Mitchell quite often for a Cabela's pit stop. We'll come watch!

Chris said...

Go Brody!! This should be a really fun season for you guys! Sorry, I can't watch the Packs play because my big game is that night also, Broncos vs. Raiders! Although I may flip back and forth to see how the new quarterback is doing. Yeah football!

Unknown said...

Oh man, I am SO not ready for this. We watched the nephew get hammered in hs football on Friday night. I don't think I can put my son through all that. I am very happy for your son. Can you buy some extra pads or a mattress or something to stuff up his shirt so he doesn't get hurt?

Karen said...

I want an autograph!!!

bobbione8y said...

that is so cool :)
apparently, your boy has some Brett in him ;)

btw. i have to say, Brett still seems like a good guy, even with some of the bad press this fall. i think brody picked his hero well.