Saturday, September 27, 2008

How is it that a 6th grader knows so much about technology? We got the new HD box hooked up to the family tv which has so many features on it, I don't have it figured out yet. But as I'm sitting here watching my son watch college football, he's rewinding plays, pausing the game for a mountain dew break, using the dvr to record another game and pausing one game to watch another. What is happening? I don't even know how to turn the darn thing on yet. Somehow I feel a bit like I'm losing control. Yep, I just don't have it anymore.

So I guess I'll just have to break down and ask the boy for directions on how to watch tv. Darn technology...just when you think you've got it all figured out, an 11-year old is always a step ahead.

3 comments:

Chris said...

It is just the way, isn't it.

Karen said...

There's something in the milk that wasn't there when we were kids. For the life of me, I can't figure this stuff out either. It scares me, thought, because I'm pretty sure they can maneuver their way through all of our "parental controls."

carey said...

we have a dvr and only jace uses it.
so don't worry, you're not alone!