Thursday, September 04, 2008

In between football, confirmation, dance, photo appts. and the normal everyday life, I have been really trying to get in my miles for the upcoming race. Another half marathon on Sunday morning and I'm not very confident. My miles have been sparatic, getting them in when I can, not so much on a schedule like before. Once school started, things just seemed to have gotten, well, a little busier. But....I'm glad it's going to be a beautiful day Sunday, I'm glad we get to stay overnight at my dad's, I'm glad I get to see my mom after the race and I'm glad my whole family will be waiting at the finish line. That is enough to keep me going. I think. This will be the 5th time I have done this and I'm nervous. I can't explain it but I am. So, if you get a chance, even a few seconds of prayer time, could you ask God to give me stamina? To give me confidence? And to give me strength?

Thanks from the bottom of my heart...

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh, i will be the first in line to pray DeAnn. every time you come to mind :)


may God give you a wonderful day, and a chance to experience Him during your run.

carey said...

you will be great, running is a passion for you--no pressure, just enjoy the beautiful day and the fun of the race. times don't really matter, right? tee hee.

Karen said...

Prayed for you while plugging away on the treadmill at the gym. I wish I could find joy in running, which is what I asked God to give you on Sunday.

Chris said...

You are on my prayer list, good luck!!

Unknown said...

DeAnn, it's late, but prayers are good anytime so I will shout one out for you...