Monday, September 15, 2008

I still have a blasted cold. My voice is gone, my nose is stuffed and I'm wondering how I'm going to cheer my son on in the football game tomorrow night. I've noticed a different language in my middle schooler. When I pick him up, he gets in the jeep and says ," 'sup." I think it's supposed to mean what's up. So while I'm learning his language, I'll be cheering him on in the game. I'm sure I'll find a way, even if it's just a squeek. Because it's all worth it.

Today my middle daughter found out she made the part of Blue Angel in the upcoming production of the Nutcracker in November. Tryouts were backed up 2 1/2 hours and we waited and waited and waited. She finally got her chance. I heard Blue Angels have to wear their hair in ringlets for rehearsals. Um, have you seen my daughter's head of hair...I will be ringlet-ing for hours and hours when all is said and done. That too will all be worth it.

My little one can't wait for her turn at the Nutcracker. It's hard for her to understand this show is every other year and you have to be at least in 2nd grade to tryout. So her turn will come in 2 years. She gives me a pattern of hugs n kisses when I drop her off the school. Two kisses on the cheek, one on the lips and a hug for keeps. Even when we're running late and there's just no time left, I still get the hugs n kisses. And it's all worth it.

Kids make everything worth it, don't they?!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Your kids are so sweet, like you. Sup!

Unknown said...

EVERYTHING worth it. You nailed it.

Take a breath, you sound busy as ever.