Thursday, September 18, 2008

3 little things you didn't know about me...

I figure since you are all pretty close blog friends now, I thought it would be okay to reveal a few things I enjoy and have my whole life. Let it be known, I have not shared these little secrets with just anyone. In fact, I don't think there has been anyone. I just had to finally share them. They are my own private pleasures that make me happy. (please don't misconstrue that comment!)

Anyhoo, here you go...

1) I love monkeys. When I was a kid, I would ask for a monkey every Chrismas. Never got one. Except for a sock monkey. I wanted a real one. I mean, I really love monkeys. Someday, before I die, I would absolutely love to hold a baby monkey. Maybe even just hang out with one. Or two. Yes, I am the one at the zoo that can't leave the monkey displays. I just think they are so darn cute.

2) I still love watching The Young and the Restless. Especially late at night, when everyone is asleep. I'll do my work on the computer and at the same time watch this silly show that I've watched ever since high school. I lost track of it during college and my 20's. Kind of funny how you can miss 10 years, turn it on and it seems like you never missed an episode. It's my own little entertainment and I know it's really, really dumb. But it's kind of nice to escape my own world and sneak into the pretend lives of these people for an hour. It's like an escape. Just for me. I don't tape it or anything, and I don't go into panic attacks when I miss shows. It's just nice to do every once in awhile when the house is quiet and i get the whole tv to myself.

3) I could eat a whole bag of Doritos in one night. I love Doritos. My fave are the nacho cheese kind. They sure put more nacho cheese than in the years past. Mmmmm. There is usually a bag in the cupboard and it's usually open. And I usually sneak a chip here and a chip there. If there isn't a bag when I get the craving, I get kind of bummed. I never say anything out loud, but man, if someone eats all the Doritos and I don't know it, I am bummed. Even a little mad. Is that normal?!?

I was just thinking...the ultimate secret pleasure would be watching Young and the Restless late at night, eating nacho cheese Doritos with a handful of monkeys.

Now that's quite the picture.

6 comments:

Karen said...

That is a hilarious picture you've painted, DeAnn. And you think you can't write?? I'm seeing it all right now, you in your newly-painted basement, trying to keep the monkeys from eating all the Doritos while explaining to them who had whose baby and who was dead but came back to life on Y&R. Awesome.

carey said...

YOU are a treasure. this makes me laugh. i don't like those little crazy monkeys at all, they creep me out. but i LOVE gorillas.

i have a secret affinity for sea creatures, but only the cool ones like sting rays and sea horses and especially whales, sharks and dolphins. i WILL swim with the dolphins someday soon. i just might not ever get out of the water again.

bobbione8y said...

i love this post DeAnn.

no, i would NOT have imagined you with monkeys! i grew up with watching "guiding light" with grandma everyday, but never got that into Y and R...although i DO know who Nikki and Victor are :) and doritos, well, aren't they a 5th food group?!

Karen said...

Yes, Doritos are the 8th wonder of the world, I do agree.

Chris said...

Monkeys huh? Would not have thunk it! Very funny DeAnn, man do I wish you were closer so we can have conversations like this while drinking coffee. My soap addiction use to be Days, but it go weird in college, and I just can't do it anymore. I love General Hospitol though, always been my mom's fav.

Susan said...

classic - thanks for sharing. Little did I know I had closet monkey loving dorito eating Y&R watching friend...