Thursday, August 31, 2006


Although it may not look like it outside, fall is here. At our house, whatever sport is in play, that's what season it is. Soccer is here and of course, football. That's my son, in the green at practice. He only wears green, he's a huge Green Bay Packer fan. His dad on the other hand is a huge Vikings fan. Yeah, I know. I don't know how it happened either. We dressed the kid in purple until he was old enough to figure out we were trying to push the Vikings. We bought him Viking stuff, posters, blankets, you name it. Suddenly one day he became a cheesehead and he hasn't looked back. Now I am redoing his room and what does he want? A Packer room. So he's getting it. Packer bedding, pillows and even a Packer-green wall. It's great fun to watch these games in the league he's in. It's very serious play. They have drafts, pretty much stay with the same coaches, teams every year to keep up the continuity. They play on a real field under the lights with refs and the whole works. It's a great experience for all the kids. Today he got some exciting news...my good friend is taking her husband and son to a Packer game and with their package they bought, they get 3 autographs. She told me she will bring my son's Packer hat and get it signed by a real live Packer player. Wow, the look on his face was priceless. I can't wait to see him when he gets it back. As he dreams of playing in the big leagues, he's practicing hard. Look out Brett Favre, there may be another Packer coming in about 13 years. But for now, I'll cheer him on while he plays little league football. Great practice, bud!!

No comments: