Tuesday, August 22, 2006



I can't believe school starts tomorrow. This picture of my youngest daughter's feet reminds me of one of our favorite things to do in the summer...go to the beach. And after tomorrow, the lazy beach days will be very numbered. We live only a couple of miles from the nearest sandy shore. This summer we actually all biked there quite a few times. Swimming, playing in the sand and meeting up with friends for a grillout are the best memories.

I always get a little sad when school starts up again. Another year older for the kids and for me! I will have a 4th grader, a 1st grader and luckily I still get one at home. It's amazing to me how fast the time goes. With soccer and football practices/games, dance classes, school parties, the time seems to go even faster. I just try and cherish every minute. I have these feet hanging on my wall and everytime I look at it, I am reminded of those summer days.

I wish we could stop time, even just for a little while.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You wish to stop time and I am constantly wanted to fast forward my life. Thank you for reminding me to slow down and smell the roses, even if chemo hightens my sense of smell and makes everything stink, it's still worth the moment to reflect on the beautiful world God has made for us.