Sunday, August 20, 2006


What an awesome weekend. It was Riverboat Days here and if you haven't heard of it, it's like the biggest event of the summer. An extra 150,000 people are in town for the festivities that go on all weekend. Yesterday started out with my 5k race and then the parade. We actually got to see the Budweiser Clydesdales. Yes these are the ones on all the beer commercials. They were magnificent. The kids got their picture taken with one of them. My bh said they should be throwing out beers instead of candy. The last time they were here was in 1961 so we may never get that chance again. After the parade we headed down to the river and ate, ate and ate some more. I don't think I can eat another funnel cake again. We hooked up with our friends and ate again. Then the girls had to get ready for their dance program. Did I tell you we ate a lot? The girls danced their hearts out and my son rode the rides. Then we ate yet once again. The food was amazing. Good thing I ran earlier. Gave me a good excuse to keep eating! We finished the night with scouting out the art vendors and just enjoying the beautiful weather. And of course one more funnel cake. We visited with our pastor for a minute before I noticed him staring at the sunset. I knew we were thinking the same thing, what a wonderful place God has created for us to live. I wished everyone there saw what we were seeing in the same way. My 4 yr. old's face while she was dancing says it all...in her opinion, life is just one big parade.

No comments: