Friday, August 11, 2006

Will I ever understand the way a man thinks, why he does the things he does? It's question I may never know the answer to but nevertheless, he's my husband and I love him. He is gone tonight, at a going-away party for some people at his work. I'm envious that he is socializing with adult people in a place that doesn't involve swings, slides or Happy Meals. Dont' get me wrong, I love McDonalds but there comes a time when you just need something a bit more grown up. I was a bit hard on him before he left tonight. My defense mechanism in me reared it's ugly head and I made a mountain out of a molehill as they say. Oops. My bad. Times come when I feel underappreciated but as I settle down and look at the big picture, it's not about me and what I do or don't do. It's about recognizing the signs that I am appreciated and loved. Isn't that just like a man, to do that stuff the hard way instead of just saying it.

So now I must tell you about by better half (bh), my husband. He is a great person and the things I have learned from him are countless. There is no one in the world who can make me laugh like my bh. He is always there for me, even during the hunting season, when the deer take a front seat in his life. He has taught me how to be a stronger person, more confident in everything I do and more aware of my surroundings. Before I met my bh, I never knew the difference between a whitetail and a mule deer. Yes there is a difference. I never knew how beautiful wildlife really was and how amazing it is to see them in their natural habitat. I never knew how much fun is would be to make a roomful of snacks and chow down while watching the Vikings on TV together. I love just watching him work on his bow, perfecting it. Sometimes I wonder why he chose me. He loves the kids and me, even in the chaotic days and the days when we really need to just take a break from each other. It's all the day of the life of marriage. I love my bh and I wish he was here so i could apologize for my moodiness. I am blessed to have him and I know we were brought together for a reason. So even in the days when our little bad habits are driving each other crazy, my heart is full of love and respect for him. I just need to remember that a little more often. Thanks my bh, wherever you are for making me who I am today. Here's my favorite picture I took of you, reminds me of our simple life together.

1 comment:

carey said...

i love you. your bh is lucky :)
this one made me go upstairs and hug my guy, i was very moody last night too.

could it be the humidity?