Thursday, August 10, 2006




Hi! This whole blogging thing is very new to me. I'll be honest and tell you I didn't even know what a blog really was until a few days ago. My friend just advanced me in to the 21st century by filling me in. Thanks! After a painstaking attempt at getting this set up, I think I have finally done it and am looking forward to keeping it up.

I don't even know where to begin. Do I start with my life, my beliefs, my hopes and dreams? As I watch my 4 yr. old "read" a Barbie book just at my feet, my mumble jumble of thoughts suddenly simplify. That's how it should be, just another day enjoying a good book of Barbie.

I began a photography business 3 years ago, a longtime dream of mine, and the more pictures I take the more I realize how simple things really are and we just don't see them in the everyday busy-ness of life. Like a flower picture. How often do we really stop to look at them? Or a child just thinking, pondering about what playground equipment to go on next. Pictures for me are a thousand words and more. They give me peace and remind me of the simple, beautiful things in life.

Running does the same thing but in a different way. When I run, I become one with God. That is the time I pray, reflect on myself and all the blessings I so undeservingly receive. I am up to 11 miles, every mile becoming closer to Him. I feel close to God during my runs, especially at the end when all I can think about is getting a cold glass of water. One long run came on a day when it was 150 degrees out and I didn't think I could run anymore. All I wanted was some water. I prayed for God to help me to the end and it wasn't a minute later, a boy was outside playing with hose. I knew the boy and asked him to spray me. He did and it was more refreshing than I could have imagined. Needless to say, I made it to the end of my run and once again realized how God is always with me.

So that is it. My first blog. How did I do, my fellow bloggees? Next to my family, my photography is a love of mine that I like to share. Here are a few that remind me of simple things. Hope they do the same for you.

5 comments:

carey said...

Yeah, you are a blogger! Look, you even have pictures already. I love your words, that's exactly why I run too. Sometimes I need to go away from my family and get out all by myself because I need to sort things out and TALK to God. Congrats, I think we'll like thig blogging thing :)

bobbione8y said...

hello!

I don't know you, but i am a good friend of carey's and have heard about you!!

I LOVE your photos!! I have a feeling the Lord is just flowing thru the www in these blogs, i sense His glory in those photos, they are so beautiful and really make me happy!!

Looking forward to more!

K~ said...

Hi, you don't know me. I am a friend of Bobbi's. I just love your photos. You do a very nice job. I have a blog, but I don't know how to send it to you. Great job with the photos. K~

DeAnn said...

Hi! Nice to meet you bobbione8y and k~ Carey has told me about you too. Would love to read about your blogs! This blogging gig is turning out wonderful, especially when you get to meet new people. Thanks for your comments, looking forward to hearing from you again!

Unknown said...

Have you ever heard of Flickr.com, I love looking at the photos on that site. This guy has amazing pics....http://www.flickr.com/photos/dean_forbes/