Sunday, August 27, 2006


Have you ever met a person in your life that just kind of changed your life? I feel like I know a person that has done that for me and I have never met her. Strange huh. It's true. I have been reading this blog of a friend of a friend and it has had such an impact on me. I can't even describe it. It's funny how things happen. I would have never of "met" this person if it weren't for this blogging gig. She lives in small town and has cancer. She is my age with a husband and two small kids. She has had surgery and is now undergoing chemo treatments and her experiences are so inspiring. I feel like I know her. I feel like I want to meet her, introduce myself and tell her I have been praying for her. A complete stranger yet a friend. I sit and think about how this came about and I know it was a God-thing. This person's words came at a time in my life when I needed it most. And God knew it. Ever so gently, He gave my friend the idea to pass her blogs on to me. It's all a plan. And I'm so grateful. This person is fighting this cancer with everything she has. It's amazing. She's amazing. I think of the beautiful flowers that have bloomed and how precious life is. We should never take it for granted. Now, within the last few weeks reading about her life, when I see a flower, I am reminded of life. Someday soon friend, I will introduce my self, give you a flower and let you know exactly how much you mean to me, a total stranger.

2 comments:

carey said...

wish you could have come to the cancer benefit this weekend. it was amazing. i know you will meet her someday, it's all in the cards...i love you!!

Unknown said...

Hi, your photos are beautiful. You have a talent that I wish I had. I know God gave me this detour so that I could meet people like you. Your words touched me and brought tears to my eyes.Thank you for writing today. It is in the cards that our paths cross (and you are holding a royal flush)......