Wednesday, July 02, 2008

So the 4th is in two days, we're having about 20 people to our house for our annual 4th of July party, and I'm not prepared for it. Yesterday, the kids and I spent the afternoon at the pool swimming and me getting too much sun (ouch!) and put off the grocery shopping until last night. Which really worked out better because then my hubby could come along and help stock us up. We are in charge of the burgers and brats and grilling them so today the fridge is full of meat, ready for Friday. After the shopping, we decided to be adventureous and hit the firework stand. We stocked up on smoke balls, artillary shells, tanks, firecrackers and roman candles and a bunch of other stuff I don't even know what they do. My hubby is like a kid in the firework shop. He said his brother used to love shooting off fireworks and I think it's true for him too. It really turns out to be a fun-filled night with our friends. And it's nice the 4th falls on a Friday this year! Although, I am running a road race Sat. morning about a half hour from home so I'll be up early...I figure by the time I get home, everyone else will still be asleep! They won't even know I'm gone. So the 4th should be a good one this year, spent with people we care about, lots of good food, fireworks and a road race to boot!

No comments: