Friday, July 25, 2008


My boy has become quite the golfer. He loves it. His golf league is over now for the summer and he passed to make his way up to the birdie level for next year. Yesteday we went to the driving range so he could hit a bucket a balls and he was nailing them. 150...175...even 200 yards drives. and they were straight. A tip that didn't come from me! Between lessons, tips from his grandpa (an awesome golfer) and a few from me (very much an amatuer), none from his dad (a non-existant golfer) he is learning well. And it's a sport he can play his whole life, a great thing about golf. So I'll probably take him back out today so he can crack out another bucket of balls. If he hits them at all like he did yesterday, we may have another Tiger on our hands!
Well, almost! :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love that he loves a sport that his dad doesn't play. I think it means he's well-rounded and knows himself well. I hope I get to meet him some day!

carey said...

jace wants to play golf all the time, but he lives in a family of non-golfers. maybe he'll have to come hang out with brody next summer :)

Chris said...

He can give me a few pointers, I can't seem to hit them straight to save my life. I always slice to the left.