Monday, July 14, 2008


The other night, my hubby and I just happened to come across this show on the travel channel. They were talking about the greatest hot dog joints in the U.S. Chicago was one of the highlights with a little spot called SuperDawg. It's been in business for over 40 years and the hot dogs looked awesome. They piled on toppings that we never would have thought of. MMMMMM...it made us hungry. I mentioned that it would be fun to make those at home. So....after a day at the lake, we stopped at the store, picked up the best dogs we could find with toppings to boot. We grilled out and piled 'em up. Not quite like the SuperDawg joint but pretty darn close. There is nothing like a good chili cheese dog to make you feel like you have to run an extra 5 miles to burn it off! Not very healthy but they were so goooooood. A perfect summertime supper I think, one we can enjoy every once in awhile. I think the next time we go to Chicago, we may have to check this hot dog place out. Afterall, they were our inspiration this weekend to the makings of a dog-gone good meal!

4 comments:

carey said...

yum. makes our skinny grilled dogs with ketchup on them look pretty pathetic.

just like good jewelry, i guess the key is in the toppings.

Unknown said...

mmmmm

bobbione8y said...

one word.

ohmygoshthatsoundsgood.

:)

Karen said...

Ok, I'm officially caught up now! I missed all of July, for Pete's sake. We're grilling brats tonight and you have inspired me, thanks!