Thursday, July 10, 2008


I call this the sweet spot. It's right across the street from my house--my studio--and where I take kids, seniors, families, whoever I have for pictures. If it's a nice day, we always head to the sweet spot. What I love about it is that it's about half a mile of options. Everyday I go there, there is something new that has sprouted. Or some new grass. There's trees and cool wheat-looking grass. It's just helps create these great relaxed pictures. And of course I love the obvious trail. Trails always lead to something and in this case it leads to the lake, a park and a campground. People love it. I can use it all year round too. The fall is beautiful back here and the winter looks even better. And the other reason why I love it? No one else comes here. I am the only photograher back here, the only one so close to this trail. I like to keep it a secret. It's my own little haven. So now you know what and where the sweet spot is. I think I was meant to live in this house. Otherwise I would never know just how sweet this spot is.

3 comments:

Susan said...

so serene - love the photo. Wish I had that across the street from me.

Chris said...

Very pretty! DeAnn, you know you are my wedding photog if the day ever happens!;)

carey said...

i think i've seen the sweet spot in some of your shots. you're right, it's perfect.