Tuesday, January 29, 2008


I was talking to a high school guy at my church a couple of weeks back and he was telling me how his girlfriend wrote to Eli Manning of the New York Giants for a project in school. He ended up sending her back an autograph and a team photo. Wow, I thought that is really cool. Wouldn't that be neat for Brody if he could get something from the Packers?
The thought stuck with me for awhile until I finally did some investigating. Sure enough, on the Packers website, there is an address specifically for Brett Favre. It says he signs autographs, mostly on the offseason. I started getting a little excited now. Hmmmmm, I really want to try this out. My son's birthday is in April. What a great present, huh?!
My hubby and I talked about what to send for a possible autograph. I mean, we may not get it back. Hey, what about a picture of my son in his room that he decorated mostly himself?! This is one of the pictures. It's not his favorite because he says you can't see his Packer lamp but it's good enough for what I need. The kicker is my son has no idea what this picture is for. I thought just in case Favre doesn't send anything back, he won't be heartbroken. So he just thinks I took this picture for the scrapbook. Little does he know, an 8x10 is going in the mail this week. I don't have my hopes up but it would be cool for an autograph. So we'll see what happens.
Cheeshead or no cheesehead, I'll be praying for one awesome birthday present for the little man.

4 comments:

Karen said...

That, my friend, is cool. You will win Mom of the Year with that gift. I'm sure Brett will do it, how could he not sign an autograph for such a big fan??

Chris said...

Oh, I hope he does send it back! Like Karen said, how could he not. What a fan!

Unknown said...

yep, this one puts you in the running for Mommy of the year, let's hope the old man comes through for ya!

carey said...

you rock!!!!!