Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm copying Bobbi and her new appliances. I have been wanting a new washer/dryer...you know the new front loader style with all the bells and whistles. After researching them on the internet, I'm ready to go out and shop for them in person. We decided now is the perfect time to invest in a set since this is the point of my life where we have the most laundry. I mean, it never ends. Never. So, I'm excited to check them out. I've discovered you can even get them in colors.

I wonder how sage green would look? Wish me luck.

5 comments:

carey said...

whoo hoo! we got some two years ago...little tip here. they will try to sell you these 15 inch "stands" to put your washer and dryer on so that you don't have to bend over so far to fetch your laundry. great idea, but each little plastic stand costs $150.

jamie built me a nice solid, sturdy stand out of wood,and we painted them to match my laundry room. Cost: $30 for wood. if seth is at all handy, have him build it. call jamie if you want instructions, ok?

another tip. put the doors on the front so that they both open to the outside. then you don't have to drag laundry over the top of the doors to go from washer to dryer. we didn't get that one right, and it bugs me every time i do laundry!

happy shopping

Karen said...

Yippee!!! I love mine--if you want the results of my husband's three days of research, I'll get it for you. Um, we also made the door mistake. It's a major pain in the butt.

DeAnn said...

Thanks guys!!!! I would love your research, Karen. Lord knows Seth has to research everything before buying. I on the other hand am a little more impulsive. But to make him happy, better have the research in hand.

Seth is pretty handy...especially at that price! I'll have to call Jamie for instructions, just to be sure.

Well, I'm off the appliance centers. Thanks again for the awesome tips...you made my day!!

bobbione8y said...

oh shoot.

me want those, too :)

Karen said...

DeAnn--the 2007 LG is the Consumer Reports winner.