Tuesday, January 08, 2008







Okay so this is the difference between boys and girls.....

Shoes.

A girl can never have enough shoes, right?! I had my girls clean their closet today because of, well, all their shoes. They even tried hanging up their clean clothes which sort of worked. The top rack was a bit too tall so some just got hung over the bottom rack. They matched up their shoes and I was a bit shocked to see just how many pairs they have. My hubby really wonders if it's necessary for little girls to have 15 pairs of black shoes. Well, yes it is, I told him. Us girls love our shoes.

And then there's my 10 1/2 year old son whose only shoes he really cares about are his high tops for basketball and his new Green Bay Packer shoes he got for Christmas. He really has a strong dislike for either of his Doc Martens and the hiking boots I scored for him at Cabelas. No matter how hard I try, he wears the same shoes day after day. So that's what we go through every morning...the girls spend 10 min. trying to find shoes while my son spends 10 min. polishing up his GB shoes.

Gotta love those shoes.

4 comments:

carey said...

yes, i have a zillion shoes and just ordered another pair. plus, i need a pair of tall brown boots and another pair of running shoes and...

i need to apply for a shoe grant. maybe there is a foundation out there that gives shoes away?

Karen said...

Ooooooh, shoe grant. What a great idea. Maybe I'll do some research.

Unknown said...

I am so with you all on this one and so is my 6 year old. Come to think of it even the baby has 4 pairs already...

Chris said...

Tell Seth, which you probably did, no black shoe is alike! That is the key of understanding! I want in on that shoe grant, my shoe collection is pathetic right now!