Saturday, January 19, 2008

My ramblings for the day.....

Finally. We're home from a chilly morning filled with basketball camp and dance class. A grocery store and movie gallery stop were also fit in before settling in for the day. My son is anxiously awaiting his teams pursuit to the SuperBowl tomorrow afternoon. He can't wait. For his sake, I'll be cheering on Brett Favre and the Packers. Maybe even sporting a cheesehead. My son has been playing basketball since november and has been asked to be on a traveling team where they go from tournament to tournament, playing other cities, towns and schools. It will make our schedule a bit more packed, forcing me to be extremely time efficient and organized. I love watching him play. He has this energy when he plays that is contagious. I think really neat. Today, his camp performs at the Mount Marty College basketball game. Another trip in to the cold but worth it.

Yesterday was my birthday. 37 years young. My husband graced me with a gift certificate for a massage...or a facial....or a pedicure. Whatever I like. I don't know what I'll choose. I love being pampered like that. It will be a nice treat. We went out for supper, to a movie and had some nice time together. A perfect way to celebrate a birthday.

I picked up my son from basketball practice yesterday and he proceeds to tell me about how his class was split up boys from the girls. They had the class on puberty. What? My boy was learning about what happens when he grows up? He kept talking, I was listening but my mind was bouncing around to can this talk really be happening? I kept thinking, man it seems like just yesterday I was trying to get him potty trained. Now he's got this sample of deoderant and telling me about how his voice will change and hair is going to start growing everywhere. I smiled and said, yep that's what happens as your body starts changing. My mind was still thinking, oh my gosh, I can't believe we are having this conversation. This morning, I smelled a smell of after shave. I laughed to myself as I realized my son was using his sample of deoderant. He was paying attention during the puberty talk! He's growing up, it's me that has to get used to it!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Happy happy B-day DeAnn, I know a bit late! Glad to hear you had a nice time though. And what a tough choice to use that certificate for! That would be hard, but they are all great so you can't go wrong. If you have never had a facial, I recommend that. Karen and Jen got me that for my b-day and it was like having a mini massage on my face! My face felt so soft and smooth, and I smelled great.

carey said...

First of all, happy birthday!! 37 and you don't look a day over 25.

Second, Ack! The sex talk. Yikes. But kudos to a kid that can get in the car and tell his MOM all about it. It's obvious you have a good relationship. Maybe you should casually pick up an extra bottle of deodorant next time you're at the store...:) I bet it would make your little man's day.

bobbione8y said...

happy late bday!!! you are so dang pretty, you give 37 a good name :)


as for the boy stuff, i would turn that over to the hubby and just wait for your girls - you have awhile there, right???!