Saturday, November 03, 2007

That's it. I'm doomed to go to any more movies. Not with dry eyes anyway. I took the kids on a date day today...pizza and a movie. Hunting man is sitting in trees all weekend so the kids and I spent the afternoon together. Pizza was awesome and we all decided the movie, "Game Plan" was the one to see. We figured it had a little girl in a ballerina dress and the Rock as a football player so I was covering all the bases! The movie was great and I would recommend it to anyone. But this was a Disney movie and halfway through, my eyes start welling up with tears. Luckily I had plenty of extra napkins from the popcorn bucket to quickly wisk the tears away before the kids saw. Too late. They noticed. It seems like every movie I go to, I always end up crying. And it's not even a sad movie! Just very sweet. And it involves an 8 yr. old girl. I get so sentimental and just can't help the tears.

So I have decided that every and any movie I go to, I must bring extra napkins...some for my buttery hands and some for my tear-stained cheeks. Because it seems as I get older, my sentimental side gets stronger. I'll be waiting to see if there is a movie that DOESN'T make me cry.

3 comments:

carey said...

you're soft and i love ya for it. i'm not sure how i end up with all these mushy girlfriends (you know who you are) but it makes me just want to give you all a big ol' sidehug.

bobbione8y said...

:) yep. that's me too deann. there is a moment in "into the wild" when the hippie woman gives chris a hat she crocheted for him, and i LOST it.

i have been known to cry at catfood commercials.

i am sure i would have been right there with ya :)

Karen said...

I remember sitting in the movie theater with my mom, years ago. I was mortified because she was crying and the movie hadn't even started. I think it was that kodak commercial of the girl's wedding and her dad has the flashbacks of her dancing on his feet when she was little. Anyway, my sister and I mocked her mercilessly for that, and now I AM MY MOM.

You're not alone.