Friday, November 09, 2007

So as you know from my previous post, my hubby is out in the wilderness again. Not only is it hunting season, but it's redecorating season. For me. For some reason, when hunting season rolls around, I also get the itch to repaint, move furniture around, etc. Well it's no different this weekend. I'm kind of doing a scene from that old show "While You Were Out".

I've been wanting to redo my basement for the last few months. It's our family room, toy room and office all in one big space. Now that we have this bathroom down here, I decided this room needed a new look to match. My dilema as usual is choosing paint color. I'm terrible at it. I cannot for the life of me pick a color from an itty bitty piece of paper. I know I wanted a shade of brown.....and there are 1000 different shades. So instead of causing anxiety in my life about it, I called a girl I know who owns her own decorating business. I told her I wanted my space to feel like a den, a log cabin. She came over and told me exactly what color to use on the walls, how to move the furniture and what kind of pillows to put on the couch. Awesome. All my decisions were instantly answered for me. So tonight I started the project. 4 hours later, my walls are pretty much done. Sitting back and looking at it, I totally love it. My son was amazed at the difference. I can't wait for my husband to see it. Once I have it all the way done, it really is going to feel like you came in from the wilderness. Especially with these animal antlers on the wall. I think he'll love it. Tomorrow I'll post a photo for you to see. Yep, I think I should have been on that show. I think this will become my favorite room in the house.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I can't to see a picture! Can you please send me some of your motivation, so I can possible get my office painted this weekend?

DeAnn said...

Honestly, my motivation is my husband hunting for the weekend. Seriously. I seem to get so much more done when he's not here. Is that a bad thing?!? Just say you're going to start and once you do, you won't want to quit until it's done. I don't stop because I hate cleaning the brushes! Good Luck!!

:)

Chris said...

Very true! Cleaning the brushes is the worst. It is my goal to get it done tomorrow. I should have all my cleaning done today, so there should be no excuses!

carey said...

so what did seth think???