Monday, November 19, 2007

i'm nervous to do this but I think we are going to give my son his own laptop. I just got a new laptop and wasn't quite sure what to do with the extra one. My son has convinced us having his own would be great for homework, playing his own games and he'd even let his sisters come into his room to play their games. Sounds great, but this whole idea kind of worries me at the same time. This whole internet thing in his room....gives me the shivers.

So, my bh and I set some strict rules....his door stays OPEN when on the computer, time limit searching NFL.com and printing Brett Favre posters and letting his sisters play when it's their turn. And my all-time rule, no food or drink at the computer. He agreed whole-heartedly and he's such a great kid, he deserves this bit of added responsibility. So we're going to to do it. He's getting the laptop and my bh and I can enjoy our own computer without Dora popping up asking us to help get rid of Swiper.

Getting his own computer...another sign of my son growing up.

1 comment:

carey said...

you're right about brody being a great kid. i think he can handle it.
i bet he feels pretty proud :)