Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's funny how women form groups of friends, depending on the activity or event. I realized this when my son told me I know too many people. On a recent trip to HyVee, he stated now we can't stop and talk to anyone, we are just here for food... So I started thinking about my circles of friends...

*The Runner's Club, including my great friend and running partner. These ladies are the ones I run with, stratigize about upcoming races and talk about which shoes are the best.

*School yard moms...we all met while waiting for the school bell to ring everyday about 4 years ago. Our kids are all friends too.

*MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) moms...these are the ladies I can talk to about kid worries, problems and meet twice a month for play dates.

*Church moms...these are the ladies whom I feel safe talking about spirituality with.

*Soccer, football, basketball and dance moms...we are there for each other for carpooling when needed and schedules, which get crazy at times.

*College moms...now this group I have known most of my life. These are the ladies I see once a year and when we get together, it's like no time has passed. These are the ladies that make me feel young, we laugh, we stay up late and we share beds (no rumors now) This is the group that knows my wilder side...just don't tell my kids.

*High school moms...we still keep in touch, mostly email, xmas cards...but it's fun to see how we've grown and changed through all the years.

*Couple moms...these are the ladies where our husbands are also friends and our kids are friends. We get together for grill outs, the annual 4th of July parties and hang out the lake. We take trips together and have family and couple times together.

It's great to have so many circles of friends. Even though my son doesn't like the chatting we have to do, it's part of being a woman! I'm glad to know so many of these ladies and they are a part of every chapter in my life. Girl Power!

3 comments:

carey said...

as one of the College Friends, i can say i am so glad i've had the pleasure to be one of the women who have known you for years. i still giggle everytime i think of Bagel and Banana Summer in Rapid City...

Unknown said...

how about blog mom's?

Chris said...

You are blessed.