Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The following photos really being peace to me. We all took a drive a few weeks back and hundreds of geese were just sitting on the half frozen lake. They were so beautiful. I couldn't stop taking pictures. Then like it was on cue, an eagle soared overhead. I quickly changed lenses and snapped away. It's not my favorite with just blue sky in the background, but it is the closest and most clearest shot I have gotten of an eagle. I have found that I really need a longer lense to get really close photos of these creatures. They spook very easily. But it sure was fun trying to get as close as possible.

I regret not noticing nature when I was younger. If you look around you, there is just so much to see, so much to take in. I look forward to our family "drives" to see what kind of wildlife we will see because you really just never know. and when you do experience it, the peace it brings seems to last awhile. My bh wants to take my turkey hunting this year...he'll hunt, I'll bring the camera and I am excited to share that with him. With him and with our kids. Now that I am older and somewhat wiser, that long lense for nature days seems feasible and well worth it. For the peace I feel when I am surrounded by nature is nothing short of amazing.

Thank God for all that He has created.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh, DeAnn. You're right. It is amazing, and God has given you an amazing talent for capturing His creation.