Wednesday, April 25, 2007

In the last 4 days I have taken over 350 pictures.

Saturday morning was the annual spring soccer team photos. Me and another photographer got the bid, the teams were split and we were off. I hired my bh to help me with the paperwork, keeping track of frames and the money. It was a 3 1/2 hours of non-stop teams. But it was so fun. Then it was off to my son's soccer games. Now the more tedious job begins of sorting through each form, hoping they match up and ordering.

Then there was the fundraiser of one of the elementary schools which they asked me to be a part of. I was more than happy to donate my time to this event. Eric Crouch was the guest of honor. For those of you who don't know him, he was the 2001 Heisman Trophy winner at the University of Nebraska and went into the NFL after that for a short time. Now he plays for the Canadian football league. Being in a town where the majority are Husker fans, I knew it would be a hit. So I was official photograher, taking photos of Eric and his fans. Most of them were kids all decked out in their Husker gear. My son got a picture and a football signed by him. Of course, he wore his Packer shirt which got a laugh from Eric. He even threw a pass to my son. That was pretty cool. So now that fun is over and I have to sort through those and get 5x7 ordered for each. Whew!

By the way, when I asked my girls if they wanted their picture taken with Crouch, they politely said, "No thanks, we'll wait for the cheerleaders."

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, DeAnn. I was feeling sorry for the photographer during little league photos...I'm proud of you! Good luck with the organization thing, that would really tax my skills.

bobbione8y said...

you are one of those people who always amaze me. i like "creating" in the privacy of my home, with only the cat to bug me.

you have to "do your thing" in the middle of any situation, and pretend it's not crazy!!

that takes talent.