Tuesday, December 05, 2006

'Tis the season for busy times! Seems like having both my daughter's birthdays in December creates quite the month. My youngest turned 5 on Friday...she had a blast. I made the cake for her, like she wanted, and put a crown on it. It wasn't perfect but she loved it. That's my baby...it could have been the worst cake in town but she would have loved it anyway. It was great just to see her so giddy and happy all day. Now I have my other daughter who turns 7 on the 20th...she will be just as happy with anything that comes her way. I love all the kid's birthdays but in a way, it does make me a little teary eyed. It takes me months to get used to their "new" age. And by the time I do, another birthday comes around. They sure are getting big, right before my eyes. But they are such awesome, amazing kids and I love them more and more everyday. So as for my son, I can't even talk about how old he will be next spring...only 3 more years and he will be a...a...a...teenager! Ugh!

Don't even ask how I am when my birthday roles around...it's not a pretty sight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, sister! MY oldest will be 14 this month, and even though I didn't give birth to him, it still makes me feel OLD. I love your attitude, you are so positive and you know how to make the most of the time you have been given. You are a great example to me!!

carey said...

Emerson will be FIVE??? That is crazy.
You, my friend, will never ever be old. Let's not grow old together :)