Thursday, December 21, 2006



Tonight is the biggest night in NFL football...at least at our house. It's the Viking/Packer game. They only play each other twice per season so they come few and far between. My bh is a huge Viking fan and our 9-yr. old is a die hard Packer fan so it makes for some interesting jabs when they play. We look forward to this game every year...and what did we find out? It's on a channel we don't get...NFL Network...and not many people do around here. It's like this exclusive channel that our cable provider doesn't carry or something like that. Believe me, I've called around. So now we have to resort to the radio which is not nearly as fun. sOr my bh is resorting to searching around on the internet to maybe hook up with the laptop. So I'll still have my usual football snacks around...chips, dip, chicken wings, etc. We just won't be watching it on the big screen. My Packer fan and Viking fan will be bummed but then again, maybe we can huddle around the radio, snuggled in blankets, eating junk food to our hearts content. Isn't that they way they did it in the olden days??

P.S. I am a Viking fan but to not hurt my son's feelings, I will cheer on the cheeseheads if they make some good plays. Secretly though, I hope that purple-headed guy in the stands spills his beer on the cheesehead in front of him...HA!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about this. Do you want us to call you and we can hold the phone up to the TV? Dan & I were just talking about the NFL Netword on Sunday. I said, who do we know that doesn't get that channel (cause everyone here has Comcast - we have nooooo choice)? Now we know. Again our sympathy to Brody. It is good you are still having the Packer celebration.

Anonymous said...

You missed nothing. The worst part was listening to Bryant Gumbel. He is painful.

DeAnn said...

This is how we watched...got on the internet and watched the little helmet move around the field. You're right, I don't think it was the game of the year by any means. Sure glad I didn't pay something to watch it.

Anonymous said...

Go Broncos!!!