Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I love Christmas. I love everything about it. I love dragging out the stored away boxes labeled "Christmas decorations" in big black letters. I love going through them with my kids and watching the excited look on their faces. The house is decorated to the brim. I love helping the kids memorize their lines for the program at church...I love wrapping the special gifts for friends and family...I love celebrating the birth of Christ. But most of all, I just love life and this time of year reminds me how great it is to be here, on this earth, living for God. There really is no greater gift than that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have read your blog for inspiration before pulling out my decorations. I love your outlook. Do you want to stop over and help little man learn his lines too?

carey said...

i could use some of your attitude when i'm cussing my way through the crowded stores and wrapping presents with kids and pets running around unraveling the tubes of paper...and let's not even talk about HOW DANG COLD IT IS.

bah humbug. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I have been feeling rather Scroogy lately, grumpy about decorating our big, empty house. I will get those boxes out today so the Monkey and I can give each other some Christmas cheer tonight.

bobbione8y said...

oh, you mean you are supposed to RE-USE the christmas decorations?

then why on earth do the stores sell so many beautiful new things each year ?

ha. i love christmas too, DeeAnn, thank you for the wonderful post :)