Saturday, December 23, 2006

It's finally here...the chance to take a deep breath and just enjoy the next few days with family. As I write, I am waiting for my mom to get here. The kids are running from Mickey's First Christmas to the window, waiting for her too. My mom will be here 'til Christmas Day and then she goes on to her cousins and my dad and stepmom will come later morning Christmas Day. I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents. My mom and dad are divorced but remain friends and it's nice to be able to be open with them about the plans. My mom and dad even ran into each other at lunch one day and ended up eating together. They talked for an hour about my brother and I and of course the grandkids. My mom and dad are just happy and that makes me happy. Someday I hope my mom will find a man just as my dad has found my stepmom. She is another cheerleader for our family and we love it! The more the merrier.

I also am taking this time to think about my friends whom I love so much. For without you, I don't know where I would be. You are all so special, even those who I have gotten to know through blogging. Speaking of which, I cannot comment on some blogs which drives me crazy and I want a certain person to know how happy I am for her and her couragous battle with cancer! You did it girl and I am so proud of you! I know this Christmas will be extra special in ways I can't even imagine. Here's to you...

So, Merry Christmas my wonderful friends. You are the light of my days and I cannot wait to meet the new ones and see the old ones again. God has blessed me with you all...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a Merry Christmas, too. We are definately counting our blessings this year...

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year to you as well, DeAnn!! I am also very greatful that you & I have been able to reconnect through blogging. I do hope to see you in person again some day soon!

Anonymous said...

This inspires me, DeAnn. I hope our collective children can talk about their parents like this. It's an imperfect situation in an imperfect world, but I thank God for His grace through it all.