Monday, October 30, 2006


What a great surprise my dear friend gave me...this was picture I didn't know she had and she gave it to me all framed and ready to display. Wow, the half marathon was over a month ago already and it seems like yesterday. I'm on the right and my good friend and running buddy is on the left. It's great to have a friend to share the experience with. We're already talking about the next one. We always say we will be toenail-less (yes, I did lose one with all the running) and will be having knee replacements someday, but it will all be worth the feeling of exhileration of crossing the finish line. I just may not be able to wear sandals for a really long time...

2 comments:

carey said...

My sister-in-law is an avid runner, and she hasn't had toenails in years. She just paints them on, it's pretty funny. who needs pedicures when you can just run your nails off? :)

bobbione8y said...

I laugh that you and your friend finished right together. As much as i love Carey, we never had that kind of luck. She is one of those "sprint, then walk, then run, then sprint" kind of people, and i was a "chug chug chug" kind of girl.

She is my bestest friend, but i really used to prefer running alone to running with her!!

:)