Thursday, October 26, 2006



This is our family dog, Ridge. He has a special place for my youngest daughter for some reason. Maybe it's all the treats she sneaks to him. Prior to Ridge, we had a chocolate lab for 13 years which is very old for a lab. We had to put him down in January and we still miss him! We made it two months before Ridge came into our lives and literally has turned it upside down! Going from an old dog who didn't do much to this rambunctious puppy was an eye opener to say the least! But over the last couple of months, he is really learning his boundaries and to stay off the couch. (Except in this picture!) I have met quite a few of my neighbors through trying to get Ridge out their yard and stop chasing the cats. Luckily I have very nice neighbors! He loves the kids and is a great dog to play with. One of his favorite things to play is football with my son...he makes a great defender for him to practice against. It's quite the sight to watch. He is a great hunter, much to the boys' delight and found several pheasants for us to eat last weekend. So at 8-months old, Ridge is turning out to be a wonderful part of our family. As long as he stays off the couch...

2 comments:

Chris said...

What a pretty dog!! I know what you are going through with a change like that. For me, I had Rooby as a puppy & worked hard to train her. As a result, she is great indoors when I am gone. I could even leave her in the house for 10 hours if I wanted to. I crate trained her during her puppy years which I think made a big difference. Now, Millie. As a former stray, she gets high anxiety when I leave, and when she is confined. I have found out the hard way that she can't be in a crate, she destroyed it! She also cannot be in a closed room. She chewed up the basement door!@! She chewed up a pillow and a decortive teddy bear. So, needless to say it's a whole new ball game! Good luck with yours. He really looks like a great dog!

carey said...

Wow. What a beautiful lab. I love that big square jaw...obviously. Ha. Just look at my husband. I must have a thing for square heads...