Friday, October 27, 2006

You know you're getting old when your 6 1/2 year old daughter is talking about boyfriends. Yeah, it came as a shock to me too. Actually, you should have seen my bh's face...now that was shocked. She was talking about it this morning while eating her Lucky Charms. It just came out of nowhere. "Oakley was my boyfriend but now he's my ex-boyfriend. So now Quinn is my boyfriend." I just stared at her. Where did the "ex" come from? Do you even know what that means? Wait a minute, why are we even talking about BOYFRIENDS?!?!?! My youngest daughter giggled, my son was grossed out and my bh just looked a little pale. I knew it was up to me to take the bull by the horn and ask more questions.

"What do you mean he is your boyfriend? It's okay to have boys as your friends but..." Oh where was I going with this. We are talking about 1st graders here. They are probably just friends that play on the playground at recess.

"Quinn is just cute with his glasses and he makes me laugh. He's a good friend."

Whew. She really just has a little boy in her class that is her friend. Okay we're safe for now. But only for now. For I know in just a few short years, those boys will be calling, coming over, asking for dates....ugh. I'm glad I have a few more years to think about that talk. Sorry, Quinn. No dates for now. Just some swings on the monkey bars and some good giggles.

I just hope the color comes back to my bh's face!

1 comment:

carey said...

keep your cutie pie away from jace man then. he seems to LOVE girls and is always switching girlfriends. and if she likes guys in glasses... :)