Wednesday, October 18, 2006





My blog is a little outdated. Yes, I am still blogging, just having problems finding the time lately. Which is a good thing I guess. My appointment book has been full this month. I'm amazed at the response this year. I hope it continues. My bh told me I need to get a business plan written up for the next several years. Business plan?! What is that? Do I really need that? Sometimes I think I need someone to sit down with me and help me out with this kind of stuff. Anyway, maybe I will get business-knowledged and start to know what I am doing. All I know now is that I love taking pictures of people, places and things. I think I should have a specialty, something that I known for. Is that part of a business plan? Once I am out of the busy season, I think I will have to figure that out. I usually don't think too far ahead of, well, today. Maybe the weekend. I'm grateful for today so I don't worry too much about what lies ahead. But now that I have business, maybe I need to change that mindset. So that's my blog for today...to business plan or not to business plan. I can't believe I actually have to think about it.

Thank you, God, for opening my eyes up to my "thing". Now I ask for your guidance in making up a plan. I give it all to you because you have the plan on me. Thank you for your blessings I so undeservingly receive.

7 comments:

carey said...

business plan schmizness plan :) i'm so proud that your business is going so well. i say the best plan is to just keep loving what you're doing, make sure it doesn't start to run your life and make enough money to buy cute shoes. :)

bobbione8y said...

I'm not sure you should listen to Carey and I not sure you should listen to ME, but God gave both of us our business plan as we went :)

I think for the most part He wants us to be sensible and to do what we can to plan for our future, but I also believe for us as women, He wants us to prioritize our family, our husbands, our children, and HIM higher!!

it's great that He blesses us with a "thing" and i know He plans to use your photography skill for His glory, Deann!! by choosing to look to Him first, you already HAVE a business plan :))

i am excited to see your biz GROW!!!

bobbi

DeAnn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeAnn said...

oh my gosh, you are both so right. as long as I put God and my family first, that IS my plan. i never want to get so busy that i don't have the time to nurture my kids which is most important. that's why i stay home in the first place. which is why i really didn't think i needed a "plan". so yeah, you're both right. my business plan is just going to come as i go along. i'm just so thankful for friends like YOU to help me along. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and God bless.


DeAnn

DeAnn said...

oh my gosh, you are both so right. as long as I put God and my family first, that IS my plan. i never want to get so busy that i don't have the time to nurture my kids which is most important. that's why i stay home in the first place. which is why i really didn't think i needed a "plan". so yeah, you're both right. my business plan is just going to come as i go along. i'm just so thankful for friends like YOU to help me along. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and God bless.


DeAnn

bobbione8y said...

btw, Deann, that 1st little boy is so darn cute!!!!!! i heart him!

bobbi

Chris said...

I second what has already been said! What a scary step to have to write a business plan! Yikes!! Just remember to give me the same advice when it's my turn to find my thing!