Thursday, October 19, 2006

My 4-yr. old and I went to M.O.P.S. this morning and had a great time. This is a great group of women that I have befriended over the last couple of years. This morning we went around and told "our story". It all started with how many M&M's there were on your plate, that is how many things you needed to say about your life. I was amazed at the little tidbits that I didn't know about some of these women. We laughed with each other and just listened to each other tell about ourselves. I even found Cami sitting next to me graduated a year behind me in high school. Who knew?!? It was a good morning and my daughter loves "Moppets", the program for the preschoolers while us moms learn from each other. It's really amazing how at the same time moms can have totally different lives, we can have so much in common. I think back about 7-8 years and how I was just lost with myself. I didn't know who I was or what I was supposed to be doing and didn't know who to turn to for help. and somehow, by God's hand, I was lead into these awesome groups...MOPS, Beth Moore and our church. They have shown me to be okay with me and who I am and have lead me to meet some amazing people..friends. God really is something, isn't He?! I just am in awe of the way He works in our lives. I pray that I can instill that into my children as they grow. speaking of children, my baby girl is awaiting her lunch. Thanks to God for giving me direction back then so I can give my children the direction they need. Which is right now, towards the kitchen!

1 comment:

carey said...

girl power. that's what i'm talking about. i feel so sorry for men sometimes :)