Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I am addicted to facebook. When Carey first asked me to her friend, I honestly didn't get it. Of course I wanted to be her friend so I accepted and it's all been downhill from there. It's been amazing to be reconnected with people I graduated with coming up on 20 years ago. Some of those friends I have known all my life. I think it's realizing how small the world really is. Kind of makes you feel safe and content knowing you have so many friends in your world that you thought you'd never see again.

But, last week I got a few of those "you've been tagged in a photo" comments. When I clicked on the photos, I almost died. Um, these are pictures from cheerleading days when my hair was huge and kind of blondish-orangish color. So I realized these pictures could turn up at any time for everyone to see and comment on. And they're in my facebook albums. But I never put them there. Oh yeah, someone else did. ugh. I'm kind of scared! I wonder who will tag another crazy hair photo? It's out of my control I guess. I will just have to hope and pray no photos turn up that I would rather have in the confines of my high school photo album for my eyes only.

Either way, I love this facebook thing. Big hair or no big hair.

5 comments:

carey said...

yes, that is the scary part of facebook. at least we all understand that the past is the past and we all had the same big orange hair. only mine really was orange, and still is, if you look close :)

bobbione8y said...

you guys, you can "untag" yourself if you are really embarrassed :)

learned that the hard way!

i also have an orange-headed past. wait, that was yesterday :))

DeAnn said...

I have had a few recent incidents of orange hair too. Kind of brought me back to the 80's when I thought it looked good. Ugh. I think i may have to figure out that "untag" thing.

Chris said...

We ALL had big scarey hair...wait except Carey who only had orange hair, not big.

Susan said...

I hear ya - the worst was my 6th grade basketball photo - you know I freaked for a minute and then thought. "It is who I was, can't change it." So decided to embrace the photo of bad hair, bad shorts, and Holly Hobbie glasses. It is fun tho - we all had our moments that made us who we are today. :)