Tuesday, February 10, 2009



Thanks to Susan, I decided I better get back to blogland too. For what is supposed to be my slow time of year, things seem to be pretty steady. Brody finished up basketball which frees up a bit more time. Although whenever his last game rolls around, it bums me out. I love going to the games, watching him play, cheering on his team. But now we will wait for track. And soccer. and I'll be cheering again. I ran a race a couple of weekends ago, hence the photos attached. It wasn't as cold as it appears even though it's called the Frostbite Four. Last year I was registered but it was 20 degrees below zero. I opted to stay home. This year, it was 35 degrees and beautiful. Only problem...my ipod died only a few minutes after the race began. Note to self: Charge ipod before races no matter what. I messed with it, hoping for a miraculous charge. No luck. So I gave up and tried to focus my attention elsewhere. The race had an impressive turnout...about 400...for such a small town event. It was fun and a nice getaway from doing taxes, getting out picture appointments, making sure everyone is where they need to be, etc.
So life is good. And I'm seriously glad I've had your blogs to catch up on while I try and figure out what to write on mine. Welcome back to blogland.








3 comments:

Karen said...

Yippee!! SO glad you're back!

Chris said...

You aren't the only one, I have disappeared too for awhile. Hopefully I'll get back on too. Great pics, still too cold for me! You look great DeAnn!!

carey said...

atta girl! and woe is the person who has to run without an ipod. not fun. next year i'm praying i'm all healed up and ready to run with you. er, behind you about a mile :)