Saturday, January 10, 2009

Ow.

That's all I can say right now. It's 3 in the morning and i can't sleep because I am in pain! Making a long story short, no one told me it was going to snow today. So I put on my snazzy brown boots with the cute heels and headed out. Then it started to snow! Who knew? Apparantly more people than me as I was the one of the few people out and about with high heeled boots on. Anyhoo, I needed to drop off a CD to a client of mine after picking up my girls from school and before going to Brody's BB game. Needless to say I was in a hurry, got out of my jeep, took a few steps and boom...there I was, on the ground. It was a hard fall but yet, slow motion. I remember thinking as I was heading down, "...my race, my race..." which is not for a few weeks yet but still...

Thank God I didn't break a bone, hit my head or really anything else serious. But as I sit here with an ice pack on my hip and some sore muscles, I feel like I got hit by a car. Ow.

Note to self...pay closer attention to the weather forecast and don't wear my snazzy brown boots on days where there is even a slight chance of snow. Ugh.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

ouchie, deann.

hope you are better today, and of course by race day!

carey said...

i am glad you are ok! good thing you are tough, right?

do we need to go shopping for some big snow boots? sounds like a trip to scheels...

Chris said...

Oh that is the worst! I bet you looked good in those boots on the way down though!