Saturday, January 03, 2009

So today as we wait for the big vikings/eagles football game, hubby and I are contemplating where to go for our 15th anniversary. It's not until May, but this cold, crappy weather is starting to get old. It doesn't help when the current football game is in Miami where it's 80 degrees, sunny, warm...did I mention warm? And I just got a family picture from my wonderful brother who spent the holidays at their home in Palm Springs. Everything is green, lush, warm...did I mention warm? Umm...next time I may just invite ourselves along.

The finalists for our getaway in May have come down to:

San Antonio
Arizona
Vegas
Anywhere warm

Any advice here would be great. The last place we went together childless was Sacramento/San Fransisco. We honestly don't know places that don't involve amusment parks, zoos, reptile gardens...you get the idea. I want this to be just for us. No kids. Must do some more research and hope it warms up here in the meantime.

Did I mention Miami is 80 degrees today?!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Uh, Hawii hands down!

Karen said...

Ug, please don't go to Vegas. Nothing beautiful, like 15 years of marriage, should be celebrated in that cesspool of sin.

There are some really nice resorts in Arizona. I think you should start your research there.

P.S. I'm blogging in my coat. It's cold here, too.

carey said...

i veto vegas too. could you guys go to mexico? my brother and his wife RAVE about mexico. they say they can get deals for two people, including air for about $700-$800 per person. all you need is a passport!

bobbione8y said...

i have heard san antonio is wonderful. depending on how warm it will be, i think it would be great to stay on the riverwalk there :)

Chris said...

I have also heard that Beleez (really can't spell that, but hopefully you know what I mean!) Is beautiful (white sand beaches) and fairly cheap. I know a couple that goes every year.

Karen said...

Belize. If you go there, I'm coming along.