Sunday, April 27, 2008

Scheew. It's been crazy around here! With all 3 kids in soccer, one in track and 2 in dance, there is always something going on. And my appointment book is really filling up. My name is out there and people keep calling. That is a good thing and it's good I can schedule around the rest of the families schedule. Anyhoo, this weekend I only scheduled one photo shoot to get caught up on the rest of laundry and to have some good 'ol fashioned playtime. My husband and I decided to take the night off of cooking and go out for supper. And just for something really off the wall, we drove to Vermillion to this great little chinese restaurant. "Chae's" if you're wondering. It was a great evening...good food, good service, good little eaters.

So with all the practices, games and rehearsals and marathon training, my husband and I were especially enjoying the night together. And a little something, something called a romantic moment even occurred after supper. We all got a fortune cookie and read each out loud. Mine was kind of silly, the kids didn't understand theirs but then my husband read his...

"Happy life is just in front of you"

He looked up and guess who was sitting directly across from him....me.

It was a really sweet moment, kind of gushy almost. Aaawwwwww, was all my daughter could say. She loves the romantic thing too. My hubby put the fortune in his pocket and I set it up in our bedroom, reminding us that even with all the chaos of everyday life, we are so happy.

So there you go, a little romantic story for you, one I won't soon forget.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I second the Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

!!

bobbione8y said...

i love that :))))

carey said...

it's the simple things, buddy. i love that you love the simple things.

Chris said...

Wow, I love this story! You guys really give me faith in marriage! I love that you guys are happy, you have a great family.:)