Thursday, April 10, 2008

As i'm sitting here waiting for my Shrimp Bisque to come to a boil, i'm also watching the snow come down and wishing it would go away. I've had myself in a bubble all day, not wanting to face the fact that my weekend is being washed away. But it's hitting me straight in the nose now (sorry, Karen) It's snowing and blowing and my dad has already called to say he doesn't want me on the roads. My husband has no comment at this point. I think he was looking foward to a weekend without us girls, I was looking forward to a weekend WITH the girls. I asked him ,"Why do we live in South Dakota?" His answer, "The hunting." Grrrrr. Not the response I needed. So, my bisque is simmering nicely now and I'm remaining optimistic. You just never know what could happen. This is South Dakota afterall.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh, DeAnn. I so want you to be able to go, but more than that, I just want you to be safe.

I hope your weekend is wonderful, whatever it holds.