Thursday, March 06, 2008

So...all is well in our household. Despite the fact the Mr. Favre has left us. My boy took the news like a pro, after the tears flowed a bit, he felt better. He said he felt like someone died and in a way, I understood how he felt. But he is so glad we went to that game and he is so glad he has pictures of it and he is so glad he can still wear his #4 jersey. And he's always going to be a Packer fan. I told him one day we'll go see all those Favre memoribilia in the Hall of Fame. And we'll even still make it to Lambeau Field. We watched the big retirement speech today and after listening to it, I was thankful once again for my young sports fanatic to look up to a guy like Brett Favre. He is such a humble man, never once boasting about all his accomplishments. He is like a silent Christian. He's someone who never talks about his faith but it shows in everything he does. That's the kind of person my boy thinks is the greatest athlete ever and I couldn't be happier about it.

2 comments:

carey said...

you can tell brody that because of him, i have become a brett favre fan--i got to know a little bit more about a guy who really is a great role model for kids. thanks brody.

Chris said...

Not only is a great role model, but he is also human and not afraid to admitt his mistakes. He really has grown as a person throughout his career. You have to respect that. I hope he doesn't fade away, but we see him out there in public.